BOOKKEEPING FUNDAMENTALS COURSE
This training course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills necessary to perform a bookkeeper to trail balance function. This comprehensive training programme covers the basic bookkeeping terms and concepts. This course also shows you how to deal with basic bookkeeping documents and how to use them in a manual accounting system.
R 5000 - Includes Training, Bookkeeping Manual, Additional Notes, Assessment / Exam Fees.
Mathematical Literacy or Standard 8 / Grade 10 Mathematics.
This course has been designed for learners who are required to work with accounts, and who have had little or no exposure to Bookkeeping or Accounting.
||Full day attendance
||Approximately 5 Full Days - 9:00am to 4:00pm
||Two hours per day
||Approximately 4 to 6 Weeks - Time sessions to confirm (Morning, Afternoon and Evening options available)
||Approximately 6 to 8 Saturdays - 9:00am to 1:00pm
||Evenings - Tuesdays & Wednesdays
||Approximately 6 weeks - Tuesdays and Wednesdays Evenings from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Individualised, Facilitator assisted training with structured hands-on activities.
Unit Standard Alignment / SAQA Unit Standards
Unit Standard 13999 - Demonstrating and understanding of basic accounting practices - NQF Level 1 - 4 Credits.
Once you have passed the Assessment / Exam, you will have a SETA accredited Certificate from Sage Pastel South Africa.
* The different type of companies in South Africa
* What is Accounting / Bookkeeping ?
* The bookkeeping and account cycle
* The accounting equation
* Transactions and accounts
|Value Added Tax (VAT)
* What is VAT?
* The different VAT categories
* VAT processing
* Calculating VAT
* The mark-up, gross margin and VAT
* Completing the VAT 201 report
* Source documents
* Deposit books / slips
* Cheque counterfoils
* Petty cash vouchers
* Tax invoices
* Credit notes / returns
* Inventory systems
* Costing Methods
* Cashbook Journals
* The cashbook receipts journal
* The cashbook payments journal
* Petty cash journals
* Creditors and creditors allowance journal
* Debtors and debtors allowance journal
* The general journal
* Reconciling your journals
|The General Ledger
* Different sections of a general ledger
* Posting to the general ledger
* Closing off general ledger accounts
|The Trail Balance
* Integrated Inventory
* Post from your general ledger to your trial balance
|The Statement of Income
* Posting to your statement of income
|The Statement of Financial Position
* Posting to your statement of financial position
* The bank reconciliation process
Assessments / Exams
The assessment price is already included in the course price. The assessment or exam will need to be scheduled after the course duration.